Fix a slow download by checking whether the speed of the internet connection, a firewall, or a file backup service might be preventing the download from successfully installing.
Start a Fresh Download
The most common installation issue is a corrupt download. Usually, this is caused when a download gets interrupted (for example, by the computer going to sleep, running an antivirus check, or syncing files mid-download). Before trying other fixes, it's a good idea to clear out a previous download attempt:
- Delete the previously downloaded installation files.
- Access your Documents folder. Delete the SSDownloader folder.
- Access your Downloads folder. Delete the SSDownloader.exe file.
- Download the software again from your confirmation email.
Can’t find the Download?
If you’ve downloaded the trial, and can’t find it on your computer, check the downloads folder for the SSDownloader.
Step 1: Click on File Explorer.
Step 2: Open Downloads.
Step 3: Double click on SSDownloader.
Pause File Backup Services
Please turn off OneDrive or other file backup services until after the trial is installed.
Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the notification/menu area.
In the activity center, select More > Pause syncing...
Choose to pause for 8 hours and check that the white or blue OneDrive cloud icons in the notification area show Paused.
Check WiFi Connection if the Download Failed or is Slow
If you are on a WiFi connection, move your computer near your WiFi router for a stronger signal or try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable.
Tip: Check how fast and stable your internet connection is by going to Fast.com.
We suggest a consistent speed above 20 mbs.
Check Firewall Settings if the Download is Blocked
Please check that your computer's firewall allows the downloader to access the Internet.
2. Click Virus & threat protection.
3. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
4. Under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
5. Select Add an exclusion, and then select \Documents\SSDownloader.