Vip3D Members have access to the Oculus Rift Virtual Reality experience. The Oculus Rift uses state of the art displays and options to immerse your clients in the 3D project you’ve designed for them.
NOTE: You may need a new computer. Check our Hardware Recommendations
Oculus Rift or Oculus Quest 2
When you enter Presentation Mode while using Oculus hardware, you and your clients will feel as though you’re actually in the newly designed yard, in vivid virtual reality.
Getting to Virtual Reality: In order to share your design with your clients in virtual reality, check the Oculus Presentation Mode box in Create Presentation.
- Left-click Presentation to enter the Oculus Presentation Mode.
- Version 3: Enable Compatibility Mode
- Presentation mode will now automatically appear in the headset.
Enable Compatibility Mode in 3 Quick Steps:
- Press F7 to open the Configuration Menu
- On the 3D settings tab, turn ON Compatibility Mode
- Press Apply and then Ok.
Note: Your software will need to restart
Navigation in the Oculus Presentation Mode is simple. When exploring with Oculus, you have 4 options to navigate the design:
- Oculus Remote
- Photo Mode Locations
When entering Oculus Presentation Mode, a warning screen from the Oculus software will appear.
The Oculus remote is used to move in Oculus Presentation Mode.
Rotate: Use the control stick to turn the viewport left or right
Elevate: Use the grip button to elevate the viewport
Teleport: Aim the reticle to the location you’d like to teleport to then squeeze the trigger
Photo Mode Locations
Use Locations saved in Photo Mode to quickly move from one area of the project to another.
Saved Location: To move to a specific location saved in Photo Mode, Press the location number. For example: To move to Location 02, Press 2.
By default your starting point in Oculus Presentation Mode is the first Location Slot. To start in a different location, double click on the Location Slot to set it.
To experience sound through the Oculus, assign Oculus as the default audio device for the PC.
Follow these steps to make this change:
- In the bottom right of your screen, right click on the volume control icon
- Left click on Playback Device
- Left click on Headphones Rift /Oculus Audio device
- Left click on Set Default
Oculus headset is not being recognized in Presentation Mode
- Ensure headset is properly connected to the PC with Oculus Link Cable
- Check Oculus is not in sleep mode
- Toggle Trust Unknown Sources in the setting menu of the Oculus App
How to Connect the Quest 2
Oculus Quest 2 requires a supported Oculus Link cable to connect to the computer.
Message: Oculus Not Connected
For the Oculus Presentation Mode to use the Rift hardware, the Oculus software must be running on the PC. It should start automatically when entering Oculus Presentation Mode.
If the Oculus software does not automatically launch, follow these steps to manually start the software:
1. Left click on the Start menu (Windows icon) in the bottom left of your screen
2. Type Oculus to find the software
3. Left click on the Oculus Desktop app